The American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) has endorsed ALLEGRA Learning’sCertificate in Spirituality, Health, and Healing for a second time!
Certificate programs are only endorsed by AHNA after a rigorous peer-review process and approval of the AHNA Leadership Council. These endorsements attest to the high quality of these two programs by this national organization dedicated to the global support and growth of holistic nursing.
Spirituality, religion, and culture play an important role in health and healing. Health care systems and health care professionals must recognize and understand a variety of spiritual and religious values, beliefs, and practices and their impact on health and healing. To meet the needs of a spiritually and culturally diverse client population, today’s health care system is evolving in its approach. Knowledgeable providers who can deliver compassionate, effective care and meet their clients’ and patients’ spiritual needs are in dramatically increasing demand. To gain a broad understanding of spirituality, health, and healing and to stay current with emerging trends, health professionals who work with diverse religious and spiritual populations will need continuing professional education.
This 25-contact hour certificate program covers the following topics:
- Characteristics of Spirituality
- Therapeutic Interventions for Healing
- Spirituality, Culture, and Health
- Spirituality, Religion, and Children
- Spirituality and the Grieving Process
- Spirituality, the Health Care Professional, and the Spiritual Care Provider
- Spirituality, Religion, and Health
- Spiritual Assessment and Spiritual Care
- Sacred Spaces, Healing Places
- Spiritual Care of the Dying
- Spiritual Dimensions of Aging
- Spiritual Rituals